5. Have a website: Without fail, all successful freelancers have at least a basic website. They realize the need to present a professional image to clients and have invested in an online presence.
Every once in a while, I am still asked by those just starting out if they need a website. Invariably, I ask, “Would you do business without a telephone?” I think websites have progressed to this point.
Benefit to their career: Websites save freelancers time – which is at a premium if you are a successful freelancer. You can direct potential clients there to see samples of your work, get pricing info, your professional credentials, your client list, etc. Many times, this is how clients will find you to begin with.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
The 7 Highly Effective Habits of Successful Freelancers
If nothing else, have a look at #5 - and everyone who has taken Weblogs and Wikis should have at least an ongoing blog by now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment